Effective Date: 2022-04-12
This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect or receive and how we may use that information. The information we collect includes personal information and non-personal information, as such terms are defined below.
The Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the personal information. We also tell you how you can reach us to ask us to (i) access, change or not use the personal information you have provided to us, (ii) withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, and (iii) answer any questions you may have about our privacy practices.
By using our Services, you consent to the collection and use of this information by us as set forth in this Privacy Statement and amended from time to time. If we decide to change our privacy practices, we will post those changes on this page so that you are always kept informed of what data we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. Please check this page for changes from time to time to make sure you are aware of our latest privacy practices.
We are committed to respecting your privacy. We recognize that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. That's why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information. You may always use our Services without giving us any personal information. Please read on for more details about our privacy practices.
OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. You may choose to provide personal information to us when you use our Services. Because we change our features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with personal information also may change, but here are some examples of situations in which you may decide to provide personal information to us:
- Contacting us for any reason, such as by email, including for technical support or customer service;
- To fulfil your order; and
- Using our Services when personal information is required for use or participation
The information we collect from you will vary depending on which of our Services you are using. However, the information you provide generally may include the following:
- Name, email address, postal address, photograph, avatar, password, phone number, username, gender, birthday, forum posts and comments, messages between users and other contact, and payment information (including credit card numbers collected through secure third-party payment processing company).
- Information about your activity on and interaction with our Services (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the site); and
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
Because we directly ask you to provide personal information in these cases, you often will be able to tell from our specific requests what types of information we receive from you.
We collect this information for reasons such as:
- To understand your needs and provide you with a better service;
- For statistical purposes and analysis for management purposes in order to administer or improve our products and services;
- Internal record keeping, and administrative purposes, and to inform you about our events, services or products, or other related information that we think would be of interest to you, as explained above;
- To communicate marketing messages, newsletters and details of our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications); and
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or to customise the website according to your interests
OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We also collect non-personal information data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use and process non-personal information for service improving purposes.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY AUTOMATED MEANS
We may obtain certain personal and non-personal information by automated means when you use our Services. The type of information we collect by automated means may vary, but generally includes technical information about your device, such as IP address or other device identifier. The information we collect also may include usage information and statistics about your interaction with our Services. That information may include the specific page of our web pages or the mobile game that you visited, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, and other information about how you used our Service.
In cases where you use a mobile device to access our Service, we will receive information about the location of your device. In some cases, even if you are not using a mobile device, information about your general location may be discernable from your device's IP address or the URLs we receive.
We use information we collect by automated means to understand our Users and to determine their preferences. As a result, we can develop and deliver new or modified offerings, that are improved with our users' preferences in mind.
Here are some of the types of automated data collection that may occur when you use our sites:
When you visit our website, your browser automatically sends us your Internet protocol ("IP") address so that the web pages you request can be sent to your computer or device. We use your IP address to determine additional information, such as whether the computer or device has ever been used to visit our site before, which site features were used most often, and how much time was spent on a page.
A "cookie" is a text file placed on your device's internal memory when you visit our website which helps record how you navigate our website. Cookies allow our website to recognize a particular device or browser and help us present you with tailored options based on the information stored from your previous visit.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you and it doesn't harm your device in any way.
Similar technologies are technologies that are used to store information in your browser or device's internal storage, such as HTML 5 cookies, flash cookies, and other web software.
Web beacons are small files (also called "pixels", "image tags", or "script tags") that may be loaded on our site, that may work in concert with cookies to identify our users and provide anonymized data on their behavior.
1. Identify your Device. When you visit the website, your OS will be recognized, so our website can recommend a corresponding feature for you.
2. Preferences and Settings Storage. Settings that allow our website to function correctly or that save your preferences over time may be stored on your device. We also save preferences, such as language, browser, and others, so those do not have to be reset each time you return to the site.
4. Storage of Information you provide. Your email address, feedback, and other information you offered when using our website.
5. Social Media. Our website may include social media cookies that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to directly connect to our social media pages.
TYPES OF COOKIES
This type of cookie is only stored on your device during a browsing session and are automatically erased from your device once you close your browser - they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any personal data from your device
This type of cookie is stored on your device as a file and remains on your device after a browsing session or when you close your browser. The cookie can only be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. [Persistent cookies are used for Google Analytics.]
Cookies can also be classified as follows:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are essential cookies to enable you to use our website effectively, such as when buying a service, and therefore cannot be restricted. Without these cookies, our services may not be available to you.
Such cookies allow us to monitor and improve our app or website performance. For example, they allow us to evaluate the number of visits, identify sources of traffic and see which parts of the site are most visited.
These cookies allow our website to remember your preferences and provide improved features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with information or updates relevant to the services you use. The type of information collected by these cookies is usually anonymized.
HOW TO BLOCK OR DELETE COOKIES
You can check or change the type of cookies you accept within your browser or device setting at any time. You can also restrict all cookies at any time through your browser or device settings. However, if you restrict cookies on your device (including essential cookies) you may not be able to make use of our website.
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
In the course of providing our Service on third party platforms/marketplaces, such as Apple's App Store, the platforms/marketplaces may collect information about you or receive information from us in order for the platforms/marketplaces to provide or analyze their services. Please note that these platforms/marketplaces were developed and administered by people or companies not affiliated with or controlled by Orchid Games and that Orchid Games is not responsible for the actions of those people or companies. You should carefully review the terms of service and privacy policies of the platforms/third-party marketplaces that you use to access our Service.
If you sign into the Service with Facebook Connect, we will collect information that is visible via your Facebook account such as: (1) your first and last name, (2) Facebook ID, (3) Profile Picture/URL, and (4) list of Facebook friends. This information will be primarily used for user registration and in social features, which may include friend-to-friend or user-to-user interaction, chat, voice or messaging functionality, public leaderboards, head-to-head competition, and other similar features.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER THE EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, customer system managers and other service providers who assist us in operating our website, mobile game, conducting our business, or providing Services to you, so long as those third parties agree to keep this information confidential in accordance with European Union's General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR");
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Orchid Games or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Please note Orchid Games does not store or have direct access to your personal credit card information. All credit card information is processed through a secure third-party payment processing company.
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
We may transfer information that we collect about you to affiliated entities such as our Publisher, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
If you are located outside Poland, please note that you are transferring information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that may not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
Orchid Games may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Orchid Games;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public; and
- To protect against legal liability.
In certain cases, you may have choices about how we use and disclose your personal information. For example, we will ask you before we use your personal information for any purpose incompatible with those purposes identified in this Notice.
You can also choose not to give us the information we request, as described in the "Our Collection and Use of Personal Information" section of this Notice. In some cases, if you decide not to provide information, we will not be able to provide you with access to some Services, or we may not be able to provide you with the Service, feature, or information you requested.
In some cases, you can limit the information we collect by automated means. You may also exercise and amend your choices by sending an email to us as specified in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
DELETING YOUR DATA
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer process your information, contact us at [email protected].
Note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we might retain your data if it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 ("Child", "Children"). If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without adult verification or parental consent, we will take the necessary steps to remove that information from our servers.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to you to reflect changes in our information practices or relevant laws. We will indicate at the top of the Notice when it was updated. Please review this Notice any time you access or use our sites to make sure you have reviewed the most recent version.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us at [email protected]