Orchid Games Blog
Page 1 of 2
I don't think we've ever managed to produce two updates of a game in a single month... This is the first and it's a strange new feeling ;) I could get used to this, but it's also exhausting for the team of our tiny size, so... don't let me make any promises.
What's good in this new version 1.8? Plenty!
- We've decided to retire the Heartwild brand and shorten the name to simply "Solitaire Dreams". Easier to remember, easier to spell, less typos.
- You can now connect to Facebook to sync your game on multiple devices. This also means that, if you decide to connect, you will then be able to uninstall the game, reinstall it and restore your progress. We got you backed up!
- You can also play through a web browser on your PC or Mac! We're still putting the final coat of paint on the web version, but you can give it a try here if you want.
- Super-wide screens on devices like iPhone X or newer Androids are now supported properly.
- We've changed the way we do rewards in the daily section (screenshot below). Try it out, see if it's any better.
- And... we can speak several new languages! See them all in the SETTINGS menu.
The game should update automatically for most people, but if you need to give it a push, the links to download are on our website here: http://www.orchidgames.com/solitaire-dreams/
Have fun and may you enjoy the rest of your May! ;)
Spring is never really complete without a solid update of Heartwild Solitaire Dreams, am I right? Just look how our neighborhood looks with the new version of the game:
Photo snapped two weeks ago, from the beta version ;) Looks even better now in public release!
What's new in version 1.7:
- 180 new tables in 30 packs. Because we promised you that more levels are coming ("soon", you know).
- Added challenges in the main section. Now you can earn cups in all 120 packs.
- And speaking of cups... There's now a whole new bonus game where you can use them to win even more rewards. It has a bit of a unique gameplay, which may surprise you!
- If you're skilled enough to remove all the cards from the table (including those on bottom holders) you'll earn a special All Clear Badge.
- We've decided to get rid of the memory mode since most people didn't care for it (and some really hated it with passion). If you replay those tables now (every fourth level in a pack) you'll see 90 fresh new layouts. So if you dreaded the memory trial before, now might be a good time to revisit those levels and make sure to 3-star them.
- Oh, and stars... Daily tables now use silver stars, to separate them from the main pack. This was important to keep the game balance in check.
- There's also a new special offer with a big discount that triggers after you finish first few packs (if you're upgrading you'll probably see it right away). One time only, time limited.
- And as usual, lots of bug fixes and smaller improvements here and there.
The game should update automatically for most people, but if you need to give it a push, the links to download are on our website here: http://www.orchidgames.com/solitaire-dreams
So, enjoy the spring, chase your dreams and when tired -- have some solitaire!
Tis the time to be merry!
Christmas is one reason, but also because of the HUGE new update to Heartwild Solitaire Dreams. It's been a long road since the last version and many folks have been giving us a hard time about that "new tables coming soon" message, questioning our grasp of the word "soon".
Well, the new version 1.5 is finally here, stuffed with goodies:
- It's a HUGE update with 180 new tables (30 packs). Hopefully it will take some time before you get to 3 stars on all of them.
- There are 2 new table themes, with new art and music. We call them Provence and Zen. You'll see them in the new packs and also in daily tables.
- When upgrading from the old version, you'll get a gift of 4000 coins. Spend it well :)
- New Daily Reward screen. Now giving you more coins every day, while looking prettier.
- Built with new technology (Unity engine). This should make the game run better on most devices but it might be a bit more demanding on lower end Androids. Hopefully it won't be noticeable much.
- And thanks to the new technology, we now have the Amazon Fire version done.
One thing that worries me is making sure that your progress in the game gets properly transferred with that upgrade. If you notice anything suspicious, please email me at email@example.com and we'll do our best to help.
The game should update automatically for most people (you'll notice the special icon), but if you need to give it a push, the links to download are on our website here: http://www.orchidgames.com/solitaire-dreams
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones and all the best things in the New Year! :)
Have you ever wondered what kind of game takes TWO FULL YEARS to make? Well, let me tell you about our new hidden object adventure:
Modern Tales: Age of Invention
You'll be visiting Paris at an unusual time: Exposition Universelle, the world expo of 1900. The city of art mesmerized by cutting edge technology.
Unfortunately, grand events tend to attract grand villains. Someone kidnaps the invited scientists under mysterious circumstances. The daughter of one of the victims – Emily Patterson – follows a known philanthropist, whom she suspects of being part of the conspiracy.
The search for her father will mark the beginning of an extraordinary expedition that leads her through the beautiful lakes of Switzerland up to the cold and mysterious Siberia. Emily will meet the brilliant people of the era like Coco Chanel, Albert Einstein and Ferdinand Porsche. They will save her from trouble more than once.
Who is behind the kidnapping of the scientists? Will Emily find her father? Embark on a fantastic adventure in the era of modern inventions, unravel the sinister plot and save the world from a scheming madman!
Visit our website to learn more and get your copy of Modern Tales: Age of Invention
P.S. iOS version is coming soon (there's a technical issue that needs to be resolved, hence the delay) and Big Fish version should be available in the next few months.
Spring is certainly not fooling around this year. So much sunshine, everything's so vibrant and cheerful and we even had the very first heat wave. Sounds like a perfect time for a new game! :)
Heartwild Solitaire Dreams version 1.3 just launched with a huge new feature: DAILY TABLES.
In short, every day you'll get:
- 3 new packs, 3 tables each
- 3 new challenges
- a bunch of trophies to collect
- and precious rewards to win
Note that the Daily Tables button is unlocked when you get to the 4th pack (fourth picture) in the main set, so make sure to play a little if you don't see it.
I'm so happy to finally have this new version released. It was a lot of work. Heaps of game code to write, new tables to design, new art to paint and we've even had to create and program a special server to handle the daily downloads. Hopefully it'll be worth it.
How to get it
It's a free to play game and you can get it on:
- iPhone and iPad (iOS): https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1031227432
- Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orchidgames.heartwildsolitaire
Note that if you have the app installed it will probably update automatically. But you can always visit one of the links above to double check and force a manual update if necessary.
New version 1.2 of Heartwild Solitaire Dreams is now available:
With this update we wanted to simplify the way the game plays and also add a few things extra. We've been writing about this before, but here are the major changes:
- The main screen is completely redesigned. And you can see icons individual tables now (after tapping on a pack image).
- You can replay any table you want! No need to go replay the whole pack again.
- We've added 60 new levels (every 4-th in a pack) with a new gameplay mode: memory trial.
Have fun and stay tuned for version 1.3 which will bring even bigger things!
Getting the balance of difficulty just right is hard! And when we make a mistake, it can look like on this picture.
It's a chart from the upcoming 1.2 update for Heartwild Solitaire Dreams, showing how many games were lost on each table. We've had several testers reporting that one of them is especially difficult, so we've started digging into the data, analyzing statistics. Indeed, pack 6 table 6 was sticking out horribly. Especially when you see it on the chart like that ;)
It's now fixed and testers are already playing a smoothed out version. Soon (maybe even today) the update will be available for everyone.
We're starting beta tests of the new version 1.2 of Heartwild Solitaire Dreams. After watching how people play the game, we've realized that the concept of packs and tables hidden inside them that you have to play in a sequence was just too confusing. So we've reworked this completely. See how different the main screen looks now:
- Level packs are now presented in one long slider. And the pictures are much bigger, which is cool because they're sweet... I think :)
- Tables graduated and they're on their own now! They have their icons on the main screen (those thumbnails with cards) and they have their stars. And you can replay tables separately, if you want to go for a better score.
- Each pack has exactly 6 tables. Which means there are 60 new tables added to the game!
- Oh, and those new levels, they have a new gameplay mode: memory match. Every 4-th level is a memory level. Just try it in the game and let us know what you think. Are those fun?
This new version is available in the beta program:
- For iOS, if you're in our beta team and have TestFlight app installed you should see the new version there soon.
- For Android. If you're signed up for the beta program, you will get the update later today. If you're not in the beta (or you don't know) just go to the Google Play sign up page
If you'd like to be included in future beta tests -- just contact us with an email address your device is registered to.
We're so thrilled to let you know that our new game, Heartwild Solitaire Dreams, has just (officially) launched and is now ready for download on iOS and Android!
This is new chapter in our solitaire series and it's only a humble beginning of a longer journey ahead. We have lots of plans for new things we want to add, like tasks and trophies which are coming in the next update. We're hoping you'll also help us decide on where to take this game. So, try it out and let us know what you think :)
The year is almost over, but before we pop open the sparkling stuff and start cheering for 2016, we have one more surprise: Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc has just launched for iPhone, iPad and Mac! iOS version is published with G5 Entertainment and the Mac one is available on our website. Here are the direct links:
And... Happy New Year! Here's to more great games in 2016 :)
People of the world! It's a Christmas miracle! :)
Finally, amidst the craziness of trying to finish the iOS version of Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc, we've managed to actually prepare the fix for the "screen going all white" issue with Heartwilds on OS X El Capitan.
So, this years' Christmas won't have to be white. Which... I hope is good ;) Rejoice!
P.S. Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy is also updated for Mac.
Are you stuck in Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc? Would you like a helping hand? We're here to help! The official, detailed walkthrough is now ready for you. But make sure to use it sparingly, because it WILL spoil the game for you.
You've been warned :) And here's the link: http://www.orchidgames.com/royal_trouble_honeymoon_havoc/walkthrough
Making games for Android is difficult. There are so many devices and it takes a lot of time to make sure the game works on (most of) them. So it took us a while, but finally Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy is available for downloading on Android devices. It's published by G5 Entertainment and available in two versions:
Our new game, Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc, is finally out, and is available for PC! (with Mac coming soon)
This is the sequel to our bestselling Royal Trouble point-and-click adventure game. We've spent an incredible amount of time designing, programming, illustrating, writing, and polishing it to be the best title we could possibly make, and we're so very proud that we can share it with you at last.
But what is the game about, you might ask?
Well, the best way to find out is to download your copy and see for yourself, but here is the gist of it:
Our royal heroes Loreen and Nathaniel just got married, and are enjoying their honeymoon when disaster strikes. Or, to be more specific, they ride their carriage right into disaster's open jaws!
The people behind the innocently named Merry Castle, where Loreen and Nathaniel decide to stop for a little rest and relaxation, turn out to be not so innocent after all. The man who runs the show, Lord Drak, is out to get them, and it's up to you to turn the tables around.
Have fun talking with a bunch of interesting characters, enjoy the beautifully detailed artwork, find creative solutions to creative problems, test your wits against our minigames, meet a real wizard, and save our newlywed's marriage (and their lives) as you take turns controlling Loreen and Nathaniel in this light-hearted, humorous adventure.
The only question is, are you up to the challenge?
Check out the game here: www.orchidgames.com/royal_trouble_honeymoon_havoc
We hope you have as much fun playing the game as we had making it. And as always, let us know what you think!
P.S. Mac version will take a couple weeks longer, since we've run into some serious... trouble... with the new OS X El Capitan. Please watch our website (or Facebook) for an announcement soon.
It's time to formally announce our new game!
Royal Trouble: Honeymoon Havoc will launch on October 16th. And to give you a taste of what's coming, here's the official trailer video: