Orchid Games Blog
The winter event in Solitaire Dreams was a success. Thousands of people participated and it looks like it brought everyone a lot of fun. Which we loved!
And in the spirit of sharing the love… what better day to do this then Valentine’s Day? So, let’s start a NEW SPECIAL EVENT.
After unlocking pack 7 in the main section, you’ll see a heart shaped button which will take you to a section with 60 new, beautiful romantic themed tables. Collect flower bouquets on the main levels and use them to play the event. Win stars to receive huge rewards, and hurry because it all ends on March 17!
We’ve also added 10 new packs in the main section, which means 60 new levels for you to play. And you know what? Some of these levels have a brand new theme you haven’t seen yet!
You can get the game here:
- iPhone/iPad download
- Google Play (Android) download
- Amazon Fire download
- Play on Facebook (for desktop computers with a web browser)
Happy Valentine’s Day, folks! :)
Version 1.12 of Solitaire Dreams is ready for you, with 90 new levels in 15 packs.
- iPhone/iPad download
- Google Play (Android) download
- Amazon Fire download
- Play on Facebook (for desktop computers with a web browser)
Unfortunately, we had to suspend support for the Windows Store (you can keep playing the version you have, but it won’t be listed in the store any more). This is due to things beyond our control. Tools we depend on either don’t work on the platform or have reliability issues. If things change, we’ll definitely reconsider in the future but for now, if you want to play on your computer, we’d recommend giving Facebook version of Solitaire Dreams a try.
That’s all for now and watch out for something special coming next month :)
Christmas is a special time of the year and we want to celebrate it with something we’ve never done before: a new winter event in Solitaire Dreams.
When you click the snow globe button in the main screen it will take you to a section with 90 new, beautiful winter themed tables. Collect Candy Canes on the main levels and use them to play the event. Win stars to receive huge rewards, but hurry up because it all ends on January 10!
Oh, and we’ve added new 15 packs in the main section. Even more for you to play :) Have fun and Merry Christmas, everyone!
Many people asked us for a Windows version of Solitaire Dreams, one that you could play on your desktop PC or a Windows based tablet. We’ve been trying to bite it from several angles for about a year and finally, today we can announce that Solitaire Dreams is now available for Windows 10!
- Get your copy here: Solitaire Dreams for Windows 10
You can play it with the good old clicky-click mouse or with a touch screen.
This is a fresh release and our first baby steps on the platform, so please be gentle and do let us know if something feels out of place.
UPDATE, January 2019: Unfortunately, we had to suspend support for the Windows Store. This is due to things beyond our control. Tools we depend on either don’t work on the platform or have reliability issues. If things change, we’ll definitely reconsider in the future. For now, if you want to play on your computer, we’d recommend giving Facebook version of Solitaire Dreams a try.
New version 1.10 is now ready for you, with 90 new levels in 15 packs and shuffling that no longer restarts sequence counters.
Autumn sale is coming on October 25 and watch out for extra rewards in the daily tables on the Halloween day.
Also, on iOS and Amazon devices you should be able to reinstall the game without losing your progress (assuming you’ve been playing online before and your progress was backed up to the cloud).
So, you were right. We did mess up the difficulty level recently and version 1.9.0 was pretty tough, especially in later packs.
Once it became clear to us we went back to the drawing board. We spent the last few weeks building better table layouts, tweaking the scoring and rearranging levels.
Today’s new version 1.9.2 is a big improvement.
- Getting new stars is now easier. Score thresholds are back to what they were in version 1.8.
- Many of the most annoying levels are either redone or replaced (including difficult finals in the daily section).
- Packs 121 to 135 have been redone, rearranged, simplified and as a whole they should be much easier.
- Knife card is now always visible. No more guessing where it’s hiding!
- Also, no more upside-down cards! Yay :)
Version 1.9 is now ready for you, with 90 new tables in 15 packs. For those who claimed that the game is too easy: hopefully you’ll find the new levels a bit more challenging. At least something to keep you occupied while we’re working on the next update :)
I don’t think we’ve ever managed to produce two updates of a game in a single month… This is the first and it’s a strange new feeling ;) I could get used to this, but it’s also exhausting for the team of our tiny size, so… don’t let me make any promises.
What’s good in this new version 1.8? Plenty!
- We’ve decided to retire the Heartwild brand and shorten the name to simply “Solitaire Dreams”. Easier to remember, easier to spell, less typos.
- You can now connect to Facebook to sync your game on multiple devices. This also means that, if you decide to connect, you will then be able to uninstall the game, reinstall it and restore your progress. We got you backed up!
- You can also play through a web browser on your PC or Mac! We’re still putting the final coat of paint on the web version, but you can give it a try here if you want.
- Super-wide screens on devices like iPhone X or newer Androids are now supported properly.
- We’ve changed the way we do rewards in the daily section (screenshot below). Try it out, see if it’s any better.
- And… we can speak several new languages! See them all in the SETTINGS menu.
The game should update automatically for most people, but if you need to give it a push, the links to download are on our website here: http://www.orchidgames.com/solitaire-dreams/
Have fun and may you enjoy the rest of your May! ;)
Spring is never really complete without a solid update of Heartwild Solitaire Dreams, am I right? Just look how our neighborhood looks with the new version of the game:
Photo snapped two weeks ago, from the beta version ;) Looks even better now in public release!
What’s new in version 1.7:
- 180 new tables in 30 packs. Because we promised you that more levels are coming (“soon”, you know).
- Added challenges in the main section. Now you can earn cups in all 120 packs.
- And speaking of cups… There’s now a whole new bonus game where you can use them to win even more rewards. It has a bit of a unique gameplay, which may surprise you!
- If you’re skilled enough to remove all the cards from the table (including those on bottom holders) you’ll earn a special All Clear Badge.
- We’ve decided to get rid of the memory mode since most people didn’t care for it (and some really hated it with passion). If you replay those tables now (every fourth level in a pack) you’ll see 90 fresh new layouts. So if you dreaded the memory trial before, now might be a good time to revisit those levels and make sure to 3-star them.
- Oh, and stars… Daily tables now use silver stars, to separate them from the main pack. This was important to keep the game balance in check.
- There’s also a new special offer with a big discount that triggers after you finish first few packs (if you’re upgrading you’ll probably see it right away). One time only, time limited.
- And as usual, lots of bug fixes and smaller improvements here and there.
The game should update automatically for most people, but if you need to give it a push, the links to download are on our website here: http://www.orchidgames.com/solitaire-dreams
So, enjoy the spring, chase your dreams and when tired – have some solitaire!
Tis the time to be merry!
Christmas is one reason, but also because of the HUGE new update to Heartwild Solitaire Dreams. It’s been a long road since the last version and many folks have been giving us a hard time about that “new tables coming soon” message, questioning our grasp of the word “soon”.
Well, the new version 1.5 is finally here, stuffed with goodies:
- It’s a HUGE update with 180 new tables (30 packs). Hopefully it will take some time before you get to 3 stars on all of them.
- There are 2 new table themes, with new art and music. We call them Provence and Zen. You’ll see them in the new packs and also in daily tables.
- When upgrading from the old version, you’ll get a gift of 4000 coins. Spend it well :)
- New Daily Reward screen. Now giving you more coins every day, while looking prettier.
- Built with new technology (Unity engine). This should make the game run better on most devices but it might be a bit more demanding on lower end Androids. Hopefully it won’t be noticeable much.
- And thanks to the new technology, we now have the Amazon Fire version done.
One thing that worries me is making sure that your progress in the game gets properly transferred with that upgrade. If you notice anything suspicious, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to help.
The game should update automatically for most people (you’ll notice the special icon), but if you need to give it a push, the links to download are on our website here: http://www.orchidgames.com/solitaire-dreams
Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones and all the best things in the New Year! :)
Have you ever wondered what kind of game takes TWO FULL YEARS to make? Well, let me tell you about our new hidden object adventure:
Modern Tales: Age of Invention
You'll be visiting Paris at an unusual time: Exposition Universelle, the world expo of 1900. The city of art mesmerized by cutting edge technology.
Unfortunately, grand events tend to attract grand villains. Someone kidnaps the invited scientists under mysterious circumstances. The daughter of one of the victims – Emily Patterson – follows a known philanthropist, whom she suspects of being part of the conspiracy.
The search for her father will mark the beginning of an extraordinary expedition that leads her through the beautiful lakes of Switzerland up to the cold and mysterious Siberia. Emily will meet the brilliant people of the era like Coco Chanel, Albert Einstein and Ferdinand Porsche. They will save her from trouble more than once.
Who is behind the kidnapping of the scientists? Will Emily find her father? Embark on a fantastic adventure in the era of modern inventions, unravel the sinister plot and save the world from a scheming madman!
Visit our website to learn more and get your copy of Modern Tales: Age of Invention
P.S. iOS version is coming soon (there's a technical issue that needs to be resolved, hence the delay) and Big Fish version should be available in the next few months.
Spring is certainly not fooling around this year. So much sunshine, everything's so vibrant and cheerful and we even had the very first heat wave. Sounds like a perfect time for a new game! :)
Heartwild Solitaire Dreams version 1.3 just launched with a huge new feature: DAILY TABLES.
In short, every day you'll get:
- 3 new packs, 3 tables each
- 3 new challenges
- a bunch of trophies to collect
- and precious rewards to win
Note that the Daily Tables button is unlocked when you get to the 4th pack (fourth picture) in the main set, so make sure to play a little if you don't see it.
I'm so happy to finally have this new version released. It was a lot of work. Heaps of game code to write, new tables to design, new art to paint and we've even had to create and program a special server to handle the daily downloads. Hopefully it'll be worth it.
How to get it
It's a free to play game and you can get it on:
- iPhone and iPad (iOS): https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1031227432
- Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orchidgames.heartwildsolitaire
Note that if you have the app installed it will probably update automatically. But you can always visit one of the links above to double check and force a manual update if necessary.
New version 1.2 of Heartwild Solitaire Dreams is now available:
With this update we wanted to simplify the way the game plays and also add a few things extra. We've been writing about this before, but here are the major changes:
- The main screen is completely redesigned. And you can see icons individual tables now (after tapping on a pack image).
- You can replay any table you want! No need to go replay the whole pack again.
- We've added 60 new levels (every 4-th in a pack) with a new gameplay mode: memory trial.
Have fun and stay tuned for version 1.3 which will bring even bigger things!
Getting the balance of difficulty just right is hard! And when we make a mistake, it can look like on this picture.
It's a chart from the upcoming 1.2 update for Heartwild Solitaire Dreams, showing how many games were lost on each table. We've had several testers reporting that one of them is especially difficult, so we've started digging into the data, analyzing statistics. Indeed, pack 6 table 6 was sticking out horribly. Especially when you see it on the chart like that ;)
It's now fixed and testers are already playing a smoothed out version. Soon (maybe even today) the update will be available for everyone.
We're starting beta tests of the new version 1.2 of Heartwild Solitaire Dreams. After watching how people play the game, we've realized that the concept of packs and tables hidden inside them that you have to play in a sequence was just too confusing. So we've reworked this completely. See how different the main screen looks now:
- Level packs are now presented in one long slider. And the pictures are much bigger, which is cool because they're sweet... I think :)
- Tables graduated and they're on their own now! They have their icons on the main screen (those thumbnails with cards) and they have their stars. And you can replay tables separately, if you want to go for a better score.
- Each pack has exactly 6 tables. Which means there are 60 new tables added to the game!
- Oh, and those new levels, they have a new gameplay mode: memory match. Every 4-th level is a memory level. Just try it in the game and let us know what you think. Are those fun?
This new version is available in the beta program:
- For iOS, if you're in our beta team and have TestFlight app installed you should see the new version there soon.
- For Android. If you're signed up for the beta program, you will get the update later today. If you're not in the beta (or you don't know) just go to the Google Play sign up page
If you'd like to be included in future beta tests -- just contact us with an email address your device is registered to.